Remits for the coming year of 2011

Discuss matters of a general nature
judge

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:28 pm

ok guys, i know this usally gets bagged around a bit

i have done some talking with people down here and have put together a few proposed rule changes for the coming year

you dont have to like what i have written and you dont have to agree, these are in a draft format and i am putting it out there for all to read and comment

you can flame me all you like, i have a pretty thick hide and it wont worry me

so please have a read though what i have come up with and please feel free to comment

please do-not and i mean do-not get personal with any one here who comments its there opion, if you dont agree please keep your comment to the change proposed

most of these rules are taken from IFMAR and ROAR and also from BRCA incoming rules, i have also got hold of there body rule that show Pics of the body, i was going to comple it as per IFMAR rules and my purposed NZRCA Rules

cheers

Jason Marshall
Attachments
body file.doc
(212 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
weight limits for classes.doc
(74.5 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Truggy wheel sizes.doc
(133 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
rubber tires for all classes.doc
(38 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
general rule changes.doc
(28 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
electric general rule changes.doc
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
control rubber tire for sanctioned event.doc
(27 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
brusshless motor 21.5 for stock.doc
(27 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Battery rule for all classes.doc
(31 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Approved Bodies.doc
(341.99 KiB) Downloaded 191 times

judge

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:36 pm

PS, i still have a couple left to do

will do those soon
Attachments
8th scale electric rules.doc
(136.5 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Mini Kits.doc
(32.5 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Last edited by judge on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Malcster

Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:35 pm

Jason,
have you looked at F1 weight as I had to put loads of lead on my F109 at Nats this year.
and also brushless motor with 13.5/3300kv limit...for Dency2 :wink: (y)

judge

Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:49 pm

this is still in the works, but yest i am looking at it as well

JR007

Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:19 pm

Looks good. I'm all for the weight reductions. It won't affect everyone, but not having to add over 200 grams would be nice. My car looks like the ass-end of a foundry at the moment!

JR007

Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:37 pm

I'd like to throw out the idea of altering the Pro10 rules. Something like 1100 grams, 13.5 brushless, 2 cell lipo. I've been trying that and it's really good. Fast as heck :)

daza

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:43 am

Have had a look through what you've done. I must say that I think that your almost spot on (y)
One of the only things I'm not sure on was
-- Rule Changes can be made at the discretion of the NZRCA executive and technical officers with consultation of Member clubs.
With bodyshells, is there that much difference between them :?: I'd love to run with a R34/35 Skyline or Supra shell. How much of a difference is there between them :? is there really a noticable difference in performance :?:

Malcster

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:51 am

With bodyshells, is there that much difference between them :?: I'd love to run with a R34/35 Skyline or Supra shell. How much of a difference is there between them :? is there really a noticable difference in performance :?:[/quote]

simple answer is yes there are differences between bodies..grip, straight line speed, steering differences. (y)

JR007

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:33 am

I think his point was "noticeable" difference, as in for non-pro drivers. Also, I doubt bodies like the Supra would improve performance as much as aesthetics.
I don't care how it's done, as long as the options for bodies are opened up. Seeing a field of Dodge and Mazda cars is pretty boring.

judge

Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:56 pm

daza wrote:Have had a look through what you've done. I must say that I think that your almost spot on (y)
One of the only things I'm not sure on was
-- Rule Changes can be made at the discretion of the NZRCA executive and technical officers with consultation of Member clubs.
With bodyshells, is there that much difference between them :?: I'd love to run with a R34/35 Skyline or Supra shell. How much of a difference is there between them :? is there really a noticable difference in performance :?:

this has more to do with changes that may or may not come with the new year as to how the NZRCA is run, but it also give flexability for the NZRCA with the support of a majority of clubs to change rules if they are not working, if if there was a major shift and the rules needing tweaking then it can happen

also as with the remit about having a creditcard licence instead of a book means that the books would not need to be reprinted if a change is needed

hope that answers it

Jason

Malcster

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:08 pm

JR007 wrote:I think his point was "noticeable" difference, as in for non-pro drivers. Also, I doubt bodies like the Supra would improve performance as much as aesthetics.
I don't care how it's done, as long as the options for bodies are opened up. Seeing a field of Dodge and Mazda cars is pretty boring.
Sorry I dont know to many PRO Drivers around here so my observation is very much non-pro 8)
Mr Frewer would be the man to talk about differences in body shapes vs performance and the "Noticeable difference" in performance would be noticed more in say Mod than silver can...also Mike..drives like a pro Jones (y) has spoken in the past how different body shapes have different characteristics on the track...that is why you see so many Mazda/Dodge bodies racing.

Josh

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Can't say I'm even a competitive driver, its just a day out for me, But my TC handles completely different depending on whether I have the race body on or the body it came with, and it is very noticeable, to the point that different lines and throttle points need to be used. And this is running a silver can.

That said, If I were in charge everyone would be forced to use Aussie V8 shells.... :mrgreen:

daza

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Maybe I just can't set up a car to save my life then as I have played with a couple of different body's - Mazda 6, Dodge & Skyline and I'm buggered if I can tell the difference :mrgreen:

Malcster

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Yeah I would stick to F1 and Mini if I was you :lol: :wink:

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:00 pm

edit: opps , just saw its add rule, not change rule

Stock BL or brushed , Id think it would have to be one just or the other, just to keep thing 100% even.
Otherwise its a constant tweeking of the rules when the BL 21.5 are too fast/slow for silvercans
Also would need to make it ROAR escs (with the new ROAR stock timing rule)

Cant see the rationale in stock BL (yet)
Silvercans are still available & very cheap ($20 ??)
Brushed esc's can still easily be had in NZ for $60-$80 NEW
Compare that to the entry cost on BL ROAR esc & motor.
This could force a expensive upgrade on what should be the cheap entry level class, lots of stock racers would be on a tight
budget. New racers would allready have the brushed motor/esc.
------------
I would also consider forcing through only ROAR approved Lipo's, within (say) a year.
Compulsorily buckets of sand(or whatever) trackside would also be a good idea
This may at least give organizers some more liability protection in case of nasty lipo fire, especially indoors.
(i have no vested interest in ROAR batts, I would have to replace all my batts if this was forced in)
Last edited by 1101 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

• Information