2012 NZRCA IC North Island Off-road Champs, 2nd - 4th March

Discussion of major RC events here
i.e. Nationals, North Islands, Drivers Series etc
reilly

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Good day racing finished by a good night drinking with Paul out of a flower vase
Last edited by reilly on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

curacing

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:39 pm

KarlB wrote:was such a great weekend with some very close racing!!Im sure everyone had a ball. (y)

Even though I didnt make it past the 8th A final. I had a lot of fun for my first big meeting, helping out pit crewing and marshalling. :D and meeting new faces. all a good bunch of guys!!

Also well done to Trev and Stu for making the event happen, and all ARCCC guys for the big working bees on the track.
hey Karl, yeah man, it was a great weekends racing :D :D :D :D Thanks for all the help with the track over the last few weekends (y) It was was in awesome condition for a track left to dry all day, man there was some rubber laid down!! mainly in the damper lower areas...we had a good thrash session right up till dark 8) the grip came up in the evening and the HP of the motors also :)
Great to see some many guys from all over NZ 8) thanks for comming up, hope to see you again the next big meet.
Big thanks to all the guys that ran the meeting and helped with the track and over the weekends racing,its great to have so much help with running 2 cars, big thumbs up to Andrew for doing so much over the weekend and you still had time to run 2 cars, your a machine!! I was lucky to have 4 of us preping for the finals and a couple of the mafia boys in the final, everything went well apart from a few breakages and mechanical issues...that truggy final was a blast though racing Mike for the lead 8) , I think i,ll mount that bloody pillow ball on my 9th place truggy trophy as a reminder its another thing to check :roll:

Thanks to my sponsers GO Engines and GO racing NZ, great power and reliability from my motors this weekend (y) ...and VP-Pro tyres, fast and consistant performance on our multi surface track (y) , also Racelines, BCE Speed NZ and Prosport RC.

Loved watching you blast the 5.6T around Gray :D so close to a main final :)

Hey Reily, are you guys still on it and keeping up with Paul :lol: :lol: he's a great bugger to get on the pisss with :) might have to crack another one myself, don't start work this week till tuesday avo 8) :D

moonie

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:12 am

Great too days of racing , Thanks to all very happy to have made it into the big race !
Big well done to Andrew for coffee & bbq work and making it to race 3 in seeding (y)
Basil & mark both unlucky not to make the amain as they drove well all weekend ! ( thanks for the fast fueling guys) :)

NZ_Basher

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:16 am

We have you know Mike
Attachments
1330891917-picsay.jpg
1330891917-picsay.jpg (81.28 KiB) Viewed 2964 times

NZ_Basher

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:25 am

What a great weekend. Absolutely the right call on Saturday . Well done to Stu and helpers for putting it on. Really enjoyed the track. Good mix of technical + corners + jumps.
Highlight for me was the North vs South 1/5th scale challenge. A solid win for the south. :-)

Therdrunner

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:01 am

More photos
Attachments
IMG_1531.JPG
IMG_1531.JPG (248.41 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
IMG_1530.JPG
IMG_1530.JPG (260.58 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
IMG_1529.JPG
IMG_1529.JPG (177.31 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_1528.JPG (195.09 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
IMG_1527.JPG
IMG_1527.JPG (192.99 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
IMG_1526.JPG
IMG_1526.JPG (180.49 KiB) Viewed 2939 times

PAULC

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:26 am

Awsome weekend guys thanks to Stu an Trev for running it and all the boys that worked on the track it held up awsome all weekend. (y)

Was some close racing on sunday im happy that i managed to finish fourth in the truggy A final as 15mins into it my steering started playing up and was getting worse the hole time due to my battery dieing :roll: but had heaps of grip on the racing line and the clutch was dialed, if you run a losi 4 shoe clutch i would definatly recomend a set of Ascendancy losi shoe's man those things last! 1 set lasted friday and all day sunday and have worn bugga all very impressed (y)

Congrats to the podium places awsome effort guys (y)

Thanks to Shane Adams for the support with GO engine and Byrons Pro driver fuel they performed awsome and had heaps of power all weekend, and thanks to JT Concepts nz for the proline tyres the grip was amazing on the different track conditions i ran caliber's super soft and revolvers soft and thay didn't show any signs of wear it was awsome (y)

bontboy234

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:42 am

What a wicked weekend. The track was the best I have ever seen it with the blue grove talk about grip. :D I would like to thank Shane for the re-build of my motor I would have been out off the weekend if it was not for him and well done for making the main (y) . Thanks to trev for the sweep tires and stu for the event it was the right call not to race on Saturday and he kept us all up to date with sending out texts of what was going on and well done to stink for bumping the whole way up. :mrgreen:

Matt Whitmarsh

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:44 am

Just out of interest, was anyone in Truggy running bigger engines than .21 now that they're legal?

Scott 119

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

if you run a losi 4 shoe clutch i would definatly recomend a set of Ascendancy losi shoe's man those things last! 1 set lasted friday and all day sunday and have worn bugga all very impressed (y)

Im still running the same shoes that came with the Losi Truggy and they have done 2 engine run ins all the Nationals for me and Mike plus the North Islands. I havn't looked yet but i am sure they will do a few club days if i ever make it to a club day :)

Matt i have a JS .23 that i was going to run in for the event but time wasn't on my side. My Losi truggy hadn't even be looked over since the nats! The JS .21 still had enough power for my driving and it has by far the best fuel economy out there. I was pitting at 10min to be safe but after the final i still had 1/3 of a tank left so in theory 15 min per tank would nearly be possible.

jezza

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:32 pm

few pics
Attachments
jerrys folder 035.jpg
jerrys folder 035.jpg (184.43 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
jerrys folder 037.jpg
jerrys folder 037.jpg (191.57 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
jerrys folder 001.jpg
jerrys folder 001.jpg (72.71 KiB) Viewed 2793 times

KP Graphix

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:05 pm

WOW what an assume weekend racing. I too agree that it was the perfect decision to can Saturday, well done to Stu for all the updates via TXT that was a great way to keep in touch. (y) (y) Now onto the racing - I personally had a fantastic weekend with the new Xray XB9, it ran superb with amazing handling and stability. I am super happy to have been able to mix it with Aucklands (and New Zealands) best. There was some great close racing with everyone giving each other racing room, well done to all. Thanks to Reilly and Mike for pitting for me all weekend, you guys did a super job. :lol: Also a big thanks to Craig and the merry band for the track and how well it held up with no water at all on Sunday. Thanks again to Stu for running the event, I think it all ran pretty smooth.
Thanks Chris B for picking me up/Dropping me off at the airport and having a spare shock tower. All in all a fantastic weekend and I really do love racing on your track. Hopefully in the near future we will see all you Auckland guys down in Nelson to have a go on our track.
I would just like to thank all the guys that supply me my gear -: Zoom Resources - The Xray XB9 was amazing, Shane Adams - the Go GXII ran superb, Richard from Byron Fuels and Nathan Toia - the VP Pro tires were great all weekend.

See you again soon

P.S Dayaram, NASA call and they want there camera lens back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

curacing

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:42 pm

KP Graphix wrote:WOW what an assume weekend racing. I too agree that it was the perfect decision to can Saturday, well done to Stu for all the updates via TXT that was a great way to keep in touch. (y) (y) Now onto the racing - I personally had a fantastic weekend with the new Xray XB9, it ran superb with amazing handling and stability. I am super happy to have been able to mix it with Aucklands (and New Zealands) best. There was some great close racing with everyone giving each other racing room, well done to all. Thanks to Reilly and Mike for pitting for me all weekend, you guys did a super job. :lol: Also a big thanks to Craig and the merry band for the track and how well it held up with no water at all on Sunday. Thanks again to Stu for running the event, I think it all ran pretty smooth.
Thanks Chris B for picking me up/Dropping me off at the airport and having a spare shock tower. All in all a fantastic weekend and I really do love racing on your track. Hopefully in the near future we will see all you Auckland guys down in Nelson to have a go on our track.
I would just like to thank all the guys that supply me my gear -: Zoom Resources - The Xray XB9 was amazing, Shane Adams - the Go GXII ran superb, Richard from Byron Fuels and Nathan Toia - the VP Pro tires were great all weekend.

See you again soon

P.S Dayaram, NASA call and they want there camera lens back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: That camera looked like it could take pics of us racing on the moon lol, imagine how far we could jump with zero gravity.
Its great to see guys like yourself and a few others getting on the pace with the faster NZ drivers 8) I am very keen to do a trip to the nelson track Kent, you will be hard to catch there... are you having a club champs this year and when? some of the aucklanders will be down for the SI champs this year also...seems to be some interest in doing the buggy party to, i'm lucky I get 4 weeks leave a year, if my CU Racing team manager Basil can get a few weeks also I could be keen.
weekends like the one just gone make us all better drivers, they have big races in OZ every other weekend and you can see they are ahead of us because of it, winter is a draw back with us all having outdoor tracks, i'm all for this midyear winter indoor meet 8) the more of us that enter will mean the better the track will be...hopefully they get it right and it can become a regular event.

moonie

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Matt Whitmarsh wrote:Just out of interest, was anyone in Truggy running bigger engines than .21 now that they're legal?
Hey Matt I ran the Alpha .23 all weekend , It's a beast !! like it heaps (y)

neil

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Aye, great event. Thanks guys.

Even with Sat rained off i still managed to score a monster 2 hours, 40min racing!!
Thanks to all those who made the track and made the event run.

I would thank Paul Fey from Agama as he has looked after me for about 4 years now, Shane Adams from Go and also to JT Concepts with ProLine.
In truck i ran Calibers in the morning when it was wet and they helped me bump up from 30th place. I switched to revolver in the semi and final. The revolvers still look mint so will be good for a heap more racing!
:D

• Information