Discussion of major RC events here
i.e. Nationals, North Islands, Drivers Series etc
judge

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:44 pm

well the date is now set

More Info to Follow in the following Days

VENUE: manawatau radio controlled on road car track

so Book your Accom

there will be limited space available at the track club rooms at $15 per night first in first served

website will be done soon

entry form nearly finished

All Electric On Road calsses will be on offer

and yes 21.5 brushless class will be at the event just not as a NZRCA championship class

and as another note the control tire for the superstock and Mod class will be the

1/10 OG_SPEC pre glued tire set (4)
Part Number SOGSPECPPLogo
Rim EXP-WAWH
Insert SWA-S

The official tires for the 2011 Xray challenges in the US.
The official tires for 2011 ROAR Regional 12 race.
and now the official tires for the 2012 NZRCA electric On - Road Nationals

and last bit of Pre Info

so fire your questions i will answer them as best i can

cheers

Jason Marshall

http://nationals.rcracing.co.nz/entries.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by judge on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Trev

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:18 pm

When the control tyre remits were proposed last year there were promises that formal importers would be given opportunity to quote their best prices for a control tyre.
Why were importers not asked to submit quote to supply tyres for 2012 Nats?

judge

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Sorry Trev I do not recall this and it is not written anywhere that i have been able to find it was put to the suppliers in the host area and only one was able to fulfill the task with a tire that was suitable and after testing it was decided that the tire was fit for the task

Cheers

Jason

Trev

Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:44 am

Jason, can you please post a link to the "hosts" site where invitation was posted for the supply of control tyres, is news to me.
One of the positives for the controlled tyre remit is that suppliers would be given opportunity to quote & increase their import volume. To win the bid they would obviously have to offer great tyres at excellent prices which would benefit all drivers. I am surprised this was not passed over to the rules.

Trev.

judge

Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:14 am

Trev wrote:Jason, can you please post a link to the "hosts" site where invitation was posted for the supply of control tyres, is news to me.
One of the positives for the controlled tyre remit is that suppliers would be given opportunity to quote & increase their import volume. To win the bid they would obviously have to offer great tyres at excellent prices which would benefit all drivers. I am surprised this was not passed over to the rules.

Trev.
Trev
This was done via phone and in person contact and not done via the web as I am the one organizing it I did it via the personal way rather than blanket email
This is not part of the rules that you have to open it up to all who want to bid as was the case for this years nats when speedi models was the supplier for the controlled tyre
And I am sure that when it comes to the south island hosting the event that as a local supplier I am sure they would look at yourself and others in the region as preferred to say a north island supplier as it benefits not only the region but more than likely the major sponsor of the event
If you would like to see an amendment to the control tyre rule to have in there that it must go out to all suppliers within a given time frame then please submit a remit for next years AGM if you feel that it would be a benefit to the sport And to the drivers please do so I personally would support it if it benifited all, suppliers, drivers and the sport

Cheers

Jason

davenz

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:53 am

http://www.sweepracingusa.com/110-OGSPE ... p_186.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

here is a link to the control tyre for 2012 nationals

maz_bop

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:05 am

Hey Jason

Love to book accommodation for this event,, but where is it going to be held??

Also, Tyre additives??? I thought we were not allowed to run that?

And if we are do you not think it be best to have a control additive,,, as I can hear the moaning now, if someone wins!!!! (that's what the world does)

Cheers
Darryl

judge

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:34 am

maz_bop wrote:Hey Jason

And if we are do you not think it be best to have a control additive,,, as I can hear the moaning now, if someone wins!!!! (that's what the world does)

Cheers
Darryl
To be held at Manawatu on road rc track

Additives are up to the host club only gas on roads not allowed

Yes did think of control additive but to be honest there are so many brands out there it would be hard to police
As Manawatu is a low to med grip track for the pan cars additive wil be of most benefit to them and to be honest everyone as this will only improve traction as the event progress

Cheers

Jason

Sonny

Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi,

you say there is a control tyre for supersock and mod,
are the tyre open in the silvercan class?
cheers

judge

Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Sonny wrote:Hi,

you say there is a control tyre for supersock and mod,
are the tyre open in the silvercan class?
cheers
Yes please check the rule book on http://www.nzrca.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this will give you a better understanding of the tyre rules

Cheers

Jason

davenz

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:52 pm

re:tyre additives...... NZRCA Rule # 85.3 states: No tyre additives or tyre conditioners are allowed?
Is this still the rule or has that been discontinued????????

So where in the nzrca rules does it state : the host club can use such additives at their disgression?
Dave

maz_bop

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:54 pm

judge wrote:
maz_bop wrote:Hey Jason

Cheers
Darryl
To be held at Manawatu on road rc track

Additives are up to the host club only gas on roads not allowed

Yes did think of control additive but to be honest there are so many brands out there it would be hard to police
As Manawatu is a low to med grip track for the pan cars additive wil be of most benefit to them and to be honest everyone as this will only improve traction as the event progress

Cheers

Jason
This is true,, BUT,, By allowing additives would it not be detrimental to classes such as M0 Chassis?? as the additive that goes down will slow this class down,, and also those who do not have additives,,, this is another whole lot of testing to be done for everyone involved. as Brand A will be different to BRAND X, due to its chemical make up, and what the company are marketing it towards,, Carpet / Ashphalt, etc

Also most out door tracks when using additives require sugar soap to prep the track. Other wise you could ruin the surface.

If the track is low to medium, as it is,, its the same for everyone, we have run there in the past with no additives, and no Issues, Why change now

Im not having a go at you Jason,, you are doing an awesome Job, and I look forward to running back at palmy, next year. But I am voicing my oppinion. :roll:

mcdoogie

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Personally I think it makes a mockery of having a control tire. Wasnt the point of a control tyre to make it cheaper and easier and a level playing field for everyone? All that has been acheived isae shift from everyone spending money on tires, to spending it on heaps of different tyre compounds to find which one works best.

Yes, it would be hard to police a control additive. But surley it would be easier to police a no additive rule and have no one with any advantage. :?

maz_bop

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:12 pm

mcdoogie wrote:Personally I think it makes a mockery of having a control tire. Wasnt the point of a control tyre to make it cheaper and easier and a level playing field for everyone? All that has been acheived isae shift from everyone spending money on tires, to spending it on heaps of different tyre compounds to find which one works best.

Yes, it would be hard to police a control additive. But surley it would be easier to police a no additive rule and have no one with any advantage. :?
(y)

Or if additives were to be used,, One brand only,, control that also,,

daza

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:27 pm

maz_bop wrote:
mcdoogie wrote:Personally I think it makes a mockery of having a control tire. Wasnt the point of a control tyre to make it cheaper and easier and a level playing field for everyone? All that has been acheived isae shift from everyone spending money on tires, to spending it on heaps of different tyre compounds to find which one works best.

(y)

Or if additives were to be used,, One brand only,, control that also,,
+1 (y)

• Information