2016 NZRCA 1/10th EP North Island Off-Road Champs

Discussion of major RC events here
i.e. Nationals, North Islands, Drivers Series etc
my4ari

Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:39 pm

Little Forest Raceway - New Plymouth will be hosting the 2016 NZRCA 1/10th EP North Island Off-Road Champs on 21st - 24th October at our track located at 161 Corbett Road, Bell Block, New Plymouth.

As our track is located on private commercial property, the event will be run different to all past NZRCA events as follows:

Friday Night - Controlled Practice Under Lights
Saturday - Controlled Practice 7:30am - 10:30am. Qualifying Begins 11:30 and continues till 3 full rounds completed (possibly finish under lights)

Sunday - Finals begin 9:30am

Monday - Rain day (possible indoor venue available in case of rain)

Event website and registration is now up. Please visit http://www.littleforestraceway.co.nz. Entries are completed using rcsignup.com and takes about 10mins to enter all your details the first time around. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me scott@randommail.co.nz
Last edited by my4ari on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RCNZ

Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:02 pm

I like the one day qualify/finals but in OZ they do it stock one day then mod the next.
Means you can pick just one day or change motors and do two

Eg
Stock 2wd,4wd,truck on one day
Mod 2wd,4wd,truck,SCT on the next day
Haven't been to a meeting ran that way yet but the guys in OZ think it works very well and gets numbers up due to been easy to swap between classes.

my4ari

Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:56 pm

RCNZ wrote:I like the one day qualify/finals but in OZ they do it stock one day then mod the next.
Means you can pick just one day or change motors and do two

Eg
Stock 2wd,4wd,truck on one day
Mod 2wd,4wd,truck,SCT on the next day
Haven't been to a meeting ran that way yet but the guys in OZ think it works very well and gets numbers up due to been easy to swap between classes.
Not for any of the EP events I have been to in OZ. They have always run 2wd one day, 4wd the next at every event I have attended over there. But yes we will be discussing this at our committee meeting next week and firming up the programme - stay tuned and a final announcement will be made next week.

RCNZ

Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:29 am

Sorry my error (I'll blame the ex kiwi who was explaining it to me)

Looking forward to running this meeting what every way it is going to be run.

lard34

Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:54 am

Hotel booked can't wait!!! Just need to steal your 22-4 set up Scott!!

neilgo0

Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:38 pm

lard34 wrote:Hotel booked can't wait!!! Just need to steal your 22-4 set up Scott!!
Does he have one where the shock caps are not needed :wink:

wingnut51

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Running Stock one day and mod next would be awesome, I could run 2 cars across 4 classes that way just by swapping out motors.
Be better than only running the 2 classes (y) (y)
If it's still up for discussion.
Should be a good meeting either way see you all there
Just doin it cause it's fun

my4ari

Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:49 am

Hi Everyone,

Little Forest committee have decided to change the proposed structure for the meeting back to a standard NZ style meeting running all classes together. This decision has been based on a number of reasons that support travelling racers as well as our local guys /girls.

So I have amended my initial post with the new timeline. Practice will begin from 5pm Friday night and run till 10pm. Further practice will be held on Saturday morning before we begin qualifying.

Website will be up on approx. 22nd August. A huge track rebuild is about to take place in the coming weeks with a massive thanks to Dennis Wheeler Earthmoving for their on-going support.

Cheers

Scott

my4ari

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi everyone. Ok so the North Islands website it now up and running - I have had a few people test it all and feedback so far is its good and everything works. Check it out at http://www.littleforestraceway.co.nz under the events tab.

Now, the rcsignup.com thing is new to us all, and will take a bit to get used to etc, so I ask that all competitors take the time to create their own account, add in all your vehicles (there are basic instructions on the event website for all of this). This site will be used for this and all future events held at Little Forest Raceway.

** please note that prices at this stage are in USD only. rcsignup.com are adding NZD to our site for us in the next couple of days so ignore the currency.

Registration etc takes about 10 minutes to load all your cars in so its not quick the first time around, however, once you are all setup, you can enter the North Islands meeting, and future meetings in a matter of seconds.

So go check out the website and get your entries in - its going to be fantastic http://www.littleforestraceway.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have any questions, please either post them here, PM me or flick me an email scott@randommail.co.nz

my4ari

Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:26 pm

Entries are slowing coming in. So far we have 34 cars registered and we expect this number to grow hugely over the coming weeks. Track rebuild is in full swing and I will post photos once complete. :D

Skippy_77

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:32 pm

Outlaw RC will be at this event with full track support for anyone needing it :)

All JConcepts recommended Tyres, Durango/Kyosho/Orion parts support also so just yell out if you need a hand or advice with anything!

Just had a huge lot of JConcepts tyres land so let me know if you want some put aisde for the event.

Cheers!

Shane O'Connor
Outlaw RC
http://www.outlawrc.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Skippy_77 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outlaw RC - www.outlawrc.co.nz

HB Racing, Kyosho, Associated, J-Concepts, Team Orion, OS Speed

Matt Whitmarsh

Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:17 pm

49 cars now. Looking forward to seeing the new track layout.
Intech ER-12
Intech ER-14
Losi 8ight 3.0 Tekno V4
Ofna TS4 Pro

my4ari

Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:43 am

Matt Whitmarsh wrote:49 cars now. Looking forward to seeing the new track layout.
56 actually :D however that does include 2 entries in the time killer class between rounds being the stunt class guys and their crazy lunchboxes etc :lol:

Track rebuild has been seriously held up due the incredibly rubbish weather we have had over the past month.....however a lot of progress has been made this week and we should have photos for all to see by tomorrow evening. Its coming together nicely.

Matt Whitmarsh

Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:50 am

my4ari wrote:
Matt Whitmarsh wrote:49 cars now. Looking forward to seeing the new track layout.
56 actually :D however that does include 2 entries in the time killer class between rounds being the stunt class guys and their crazy lunchboxes etc :lol:

Track rebuild has been seriously held up due the incredibly rubbish weather we have had over the past month.....however a lot of progress has been made this week and we should have photos for all to see by tomorrow evening. Its coming together nicely.
Ha, Yeah, I missed 2wd Short-course. Pity the RC Signup thing doesn't give you a total somewhere.

Yeah, it hasn't been good track building weather at all - typical when you're leading up to a big event...

I guess with the splitting of the North Islands into two events, you'd expect both meetings to be smaller than usual, which might mean more track time?
Intech ER-12
Intech ER-14
Losi 8ight 3.0 Tekno V4
Ofna TS4 Pro

my4ari

Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:27 am

Matt Whitmarsh wrote:
my4ari wrote:

Ha, Yeah, I missed 2wd Short-course. Pity the RC Signup thing doesn't give you a total somewhere.

Yeah, it hasn't been good track building weather at all - typical when you're leading up to a big event...

I guess with the splitting of the North Islands into two events, you'd expect both meetings to be smaller than usual, which might mean more track time?
Yeah we will put out a complete event programme once entries close but definitely want to make sure people get as much track time as possible. And with the added light towers donated to us for the weekend we can run late if people want on the Saturday too.

RCSignup gives me (admin) a total count which makes it nice and easy for me :lol:

• Information