Little Forest Track.jpg
Little Forest Track.jpg (246.11 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
Intech ER-12
Intech ER-14
Losi 8ight 3.0 Tekno V4
Ofna TS4 Pro

my4ari

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:42 am

Only 2 weeks left till entries close. Numbers are looking good but we always want more :lol:

Check out the event website at http://www.littleforestraceway.co.nz

my4ari

Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:48 am

1 week left till entries close

I have had a number of people tell me they are coming but are yet to enter so I can only hope they get their entries in soon.

Track has had some slight changes made since the photo Matt posted. The wall ride is no longer a part of the layout, and the quad is now a double with a gap before a single. Both features did not allow the track to flow and after a few hours of testing different variations, we have settled on the few changes we have made. Track is awesome to drive and has a few sneaky challenges.

Track is being watered daily at the moment :lol: thanks to the big man upstairs - so should be in mint condition for this event.

Matt Whitmarsh

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:27 pm

64 cars so far. Can't wait to try the track - better get some cars going then I guess....
Intech ER-12
Intech ER-14
Losi 8ight 3.0 Tekno V4
Ofna TS4 Pro

Matt Whitmarsh

Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:18 pm

70 now - keep 'em coming!
Intech ER-12
Intech ER-14
Losi 8ight 3.0 Tekno V4
Ofna TS4 Pro

Matt Whitmarsh

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:15 pm

76 - entries close tomorrow.
Intech ER-12
Intech ER-14
Losi 8ight 3.0 Tekno V4
Ofna TS4 Pro

Matt Whitmarsh

Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Some info from FB from Amber:
To all those travelling to the North Island Champs. Please drive safe. The Venue opens at 5pm.
With there being a lot less SC Truck and Truck their 1st Controlled Practise will start at 5pm and they will need some volunteer Marshall's so they can all get up and have a go.
Here is the general idea of what to expect.
5.00- 20minutes SC Truck/Mod Truck
5.20- 20minutes 2WD Buggy
5.40- 20minutes 4WD Buggy
6.00- 20minutes SC Truck/Mod Truck
6.20- 20minutes 2WD Buggy
6.40- 20minutes 4WD Buggy
7.00- 20minutes SC Truck/Mod Truck
7.20- 20minutes 2WD Buggy
7.40- 20minutes 4WD Buggy
8.00- 20minutes SC Truck/Mod Truck
8.20- 20minutes 2WD Buggy
8.40- 20minutes 4WD Buggy
9.00- 20minutes SC Truck/Mod Truck
9.20- 20minutes 2WD Buggy
9.40- 20minutes 4WD Buggy
Other than the first round of SC and Truck who will need volunteer Marshall's. The rest of the night all classes are required to Marshall amongst themselves. If you are up driving for 5minutes, you then go Marshall for 5minutes. If you are up driving for 10minutes, you then go Marshall for 10minutes. Obviously at the start of each Practise people will need to pitch in and help Marshall.
Please remember COVERED FOOTWEAR MUST BE WORN WHILE ONSITE. NO OPEN FOOTWEAR ALLOWED.
NO SMOKING ON-SITE.
Saturday morning Controlled Practise will continue. Venue Opening at 7.30
8.00- 20minutes SC Truck/Mod Truck
8.20- 20minutes 2WD Buggy
8.40- 20minutes 4WD Buggy
9.00- 20minutes SC Truck/Mod Truck
9.20- 20minutes 2WD Buggy
9.40- 20minutes 4WD Buggy
10.00- 20minutes SC Truck/Mod Truck
10.20- 20minutes 2WD Buggy
10.40- 20minutes 4WD Buggy

And from Scott:
In addition to the above, racers are required to register themselves onsite when they arrive. This will be setup under the nzrca gazebo.

THIS MUST BE COMPLETED BY ALL RACERS BEFORE GOING ON THE TRACK PLEASE.
Intech ER-12
Intech ER-14
Losi 8ight 3.0 Tekno V4
Ofna TS4 Pro

my4ari

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Well now that the weekend is over, and I have had time to take back all the lights, fences and other bits and pieces, and had a day at work to reflect on what a great weekend that was, I just want to take a few minutes to say a few thanks.

Firstly, a huge thanks to everyone who came along to the meeting and made it what it was. A great bunch of people, having fun, racing rc cars. It was such a nice group of people and I think it would be one of the few meetings I have attended where at one point or another you saw every single competitor talking to each other. There was no groups keeping to themselves - everyone was chatting and having a great time.

Secondly, thanks to all the people who support out club. Denis Wheeler for all his clay and bobcat work, without you we would not have this awesome venue. TBS Coatings who provide us with the land for the track, power, water, toilets and pretty much everything else we want/need free of charge. Naki Hire for the light towers so we can run on the friday nights. Hirepool and Taranaki Civil for the rollers. Outlaw RC, KW Racing, Jaycar & Schelle Racing USA for the spot prizes, and of course We Cut Shapes for the awesome trophies once again.

Thirdly, to the LFR club members who come along to help us have the venue we have. Tracy for her tireless efforts with the food, Ian for all your help when I pop down to the track to do all the little jobs (and the big ones too), Ross for always coming along whenever we ask for a hand, Evan for building us a cool as roller, always helping out and of course giving up your weekend to be our trainee race director :) And all other LFR members who come along to working bees etc. We are truly blessed to have such a neat venue and I like to think we are always improving it, while not loosing touch with what our members love about our track.

Finally, to Amber for always letting me go to the track. I spent a great deal of time down there (no not practicing - in fact I have probably done the least amount of laps out of anyone) doing all the jobs that need doing and making sure everything is as good as we can get it. I get told off sometimes for how much time I spend out, but thanks Amber for letting me do what I love.

On a personal note, I would like to apologise once again to Jimmy Rodley for how I reacted after our 2nd 2wd Mod final. I was gutted at the time but it was no excuse and I know I apologised on the day but still feel bad about it.

Congratulations to all the winners and grinners. I now have some target times to try at beat over summer and we look forward to hosting the 2017 NZRCA Nationals Indoors in Hawera in May.

• Information