2016 North Island On Road Champs. Oct 29-30

Discussion of major RC events here
i.e. Nationals, North Islands, Drivers Series etc
colin storey

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:50 am

SOS
Does anybody have a 2.5mm drill bit and a drill I could borrow. Rather the use of a press but a drill would be ok.
Colin

Sent from my SM-J500Y using Tapatalk
Goodride Tyres
Team Tekin
Tekin RSX
Tekin Rs/Spec
Tekin Redline
GP Tyres
Team Zombie
Team Roche

fatmac

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:38 am

Will have one at the track after 7 this morning Cheers

George Bush

Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:40 pm

That's it for qualifying. Tomorrow is all finals.
Both rounds will count for all classes.
Except Modified where just the completed first round will stand. You are all in the A final.
Gates open at 7;00, forecast is a bit similar to today so give it your best shot in the 3 finals, weather permitting we get all of them completed.
Sonny is working on the qualifying positions now.
See you all in the morning.

YokoBro

Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:54 pm

Cheers for that. Will have to drive like a man on a mission impossible tomorrow.
FDAU Racing
Awesomatix
kyosho
R1 Wurks
Hobbywing
Orion
LRP

colin storey

Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:51 pm

Thanks James for dinner venue. It is good.
Kinder did spend as much on dinner as a new stock motor would cost.

Sent from my SM-J500Y using Tapatalk
Goodride Tyres
Team Tekin
Tekin RSX
Tekin Rs/Spec
Tekin Redline
GP Tyres
Team Zombie
Team Roche

Northern_Knight

Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:59 pm

Wow that was fun. :)
Firstly thanks to Hawkes Bay Club for holding and running the event, you guys did a superb job and I will definitely be back for a play at some stage. I loved your track and for a first time on asphalt I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hopefully I can be better next time :)

For me big thanks to Anthony Mara for helping with setup on the cars and advice throughout the weekend. A big well done to all the Yokomo drivers especially to Will Smith for winning Super Stock and Anthony Mara for winning stock. I reckon you should all watch out for Callum Bishop though he is fast and was a little un- lucky today, 4 days of learning for me so roll on the next tarmac event.

It was good to meet people from the different clubs and I can't wait to catch up again soon.

Cheers,

Matt
Race Hobbies Yokomo - Intech - LC Racing - Ballistic Buggy
YZ-2CA & DT / YZ-4 / BD8

Sonny

Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi All,

A big thanks to all the racers that make this event possible, if you guys didn't travel, it would be a pretty small meet. Sorry we couldn't make the last two days like it was Thursday and Friday, weather was, but we tried our best.
Also big thanks to the HB crew for doing all the behind the scenes prep, ( some new members and some of the originals ),

Below I have posted the Final Placings, but have also added full meeting report up to as much of the 2nd round of mains as we had( which does not factor in the final placings, its just for peoples interest,).

See most of you next time.
Attachments
Full meeting 2016.pdf
(388.17 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
- Meet Summary based on just 1 finals round.pdf
(16.39 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

sijorg

Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:04 pm

Thanks HB
love coming down here and had some great racing
pro10 qually 1 was i think one of the best pro10
runs I gave been in nice and clean as it should be

Huge thanks too to Sonnys Mrs who ran the computer
great job done there
Last edited by sijorg on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Si

Speedi

Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:09 am

Big thanks to Hawks Bay RC car club to run this North Island onroad champ meeting. (y)
The track is awesome with lots of grip and high flow; The hospitialty is second to none, very friendly environment makes you feel like home!
HB crew have done a lot of work to run this meeting, especially because of the unpredictable weather, they needed to bring the track to the dry condition for us to race. Not only once or twice but four times in these two days. :shock:

Although we only can finish almost four round in total, but we are all human and we can't control the weather!!!

We will definitely come back and race again!

I'm sorry to bring the rain down... I heard that the weather were hot and sunny until I came on Saturday morning. :oops:

Speedi

Shagzternz1

Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:04 am

Thankyou to the team at HBRC , track was wicked ...bummer about the rain ...
To all the NHRCCC boys ...we gave it our best and represented the club well on the track, Congrats to all the Winners ...Colin , Luke, Simon, Peter, Antz , Will, Jak and Daniel....the bad weather proved you needed to give it your best shot every heat ......
As for me .,,,I'm stoked - got my first ever win in F1 ( albeit it the B final ) the f113 was starting to feel good, ... wishing i had stuck it out with 12th and dropped 10 ....and look forward to running a TC with stabilizers lol...Thanks Nev/Ed Fea and Will Smith for doing your best to set up the car without these in place, car felt good considering...

Big Thanks also to the Bateman brothers for organising our trip and especially Peter for driving Team Smokemon down and back home safely - no way we could've driven lmao...Thanks also to Sarah for cleaning up our house while the boys went racing ...Thanks Nev for getting us motivated in the mornings n doing your best to keep us focused on racing n always n being the first to load n unload the van ....To my Team Smokemon brothers Simon and Ed and our driver Peter ....ED - primo chef , great laughs and kept the atmosphere pumping lol sorry for the bumps in stock NOT lol, Simon - Candy Crush game is strong lol proved again he's a master trophy hunter and puppet master.... Peter - don't know how you put up with us but farken thankful you did lol - PBD Pro 10 Kits about to hit production after its maiden win!!! gotta be stoked your hard work has paid off ......Boys - We had a blast , came a way with a few goodies and had f all sleep thurs/fri/sat hahahahaha...work hard play hard race hard BOOM!!

Thanks Again (y) Best trip yet :twisted:
Last edited by Shagzternz1 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mbranz
Counties
HRCCC
:twisted:

gasman

Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:31 am

Well....11am Monday morning, and guess what, its raining again!

A huge thankyou to all the racers who turned up, and pitched in when the wet hit, it certainly put a bump in the program!!

With the massive support we have had from the Auckland and wellington guys who have travelled to our club days, I know all our club has stepped it up, and it was good to see HB guys footing it with the best. It has certainly inspired us to up the game, and i know a couple of us are going to be jumping to the next level.

Once again a big thumbs up to James, Sonny,Amanda, Dwayne, and Craig who put the hard yards in, you all looked knackered at the end.
President HBRCC

"promoting Peace through Superior Fire Power"

Damagenz

Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:56 pm

What an amazing four days!

Once again Hastings turned on a brilliant event. I wont talk about the weather though :roll:

Cheers to all the HB guys, another well run event and as always super friendly. Great stuff guys!

Congrats to all the winners, each class was so close with some well fought battles! I had a shocker in both my classes
on finals day but that's the way it goes - still had a blast!

Looking forward to seeing most of you at the Nats in feb :D
2wd Buggy - Yok YZ-2 DT
4wd Buggy - Yok YZ-4 SF

CMR Club President

Mark G

Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:13 pm

Simply put, it was an awesome event - thanks everyone, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Mi6EVO TC Mod
Eclipse - Pro12
X1 - F1
KD - MOD 2WD
K2 - MOD 4WD
Schumacher - Sanwa - Tekin - Fantom

YokoBro

Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:00 pm

Big thanks to hbrc. James duane sonny and Chris. Bloody good fellas!!!

Drew and dalton both up coming racers keep it up.
Everyone brought their A-game, In all classes.

Anthony well deserved win in stock, too fast n too good to get caught. Peter Bateman bloody good race to take pro10. Simon baker mini champ well done.

FDAU, team swirl, team Smokomon and PBD much thsnks for everything.

Antz for helping me with the bd7s, Philip for painting my shells and peter for the custom machine works. Mat from race hobbies bringing the parts in and yokomo support.

It's my first championship n super happy for it. Can't wait for next year!!!
FDAU Racing
Awesomatix
kyosho
R1 Wurks
Hobbywing
Orion
LRP

Zarathrustra

Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:15 pm

What a super fun weekend!

Even being my first national event, I felt totally welcome in amongst and on the track with some of the best guys and longest standing members in the sport here in NZ. It was also great to put some faces to names; so many knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly people.

Big thanks as always to all the people that make events like this happen, especially the seemingly non-stop work from James and Duane locally, the club here wouldn't be what it is without you guys. Chris, Sonny, Gav and others too!

Craig

• Information