Autostop / Gulf Western Oils NZIOC 16

Discussion of major RC events here
i.e. Nationals, North Islands, Drivers Series etc
maz_bop

Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:28 pm

Hi Mike,
Most,, not all rims generally have a single factory hole in them of 2-3 mm , some have 2, and some have none.
For purposes of checking your pre glued tyres, if you choose to glue them before the meeting, is for the Tech Centre to Verify that you have the correct insets, by using the hole in the rim to check the insert.

If your brand of rim does not have a hole in it then you are allowed to drill a single 2mm hole on the flat area of the inner rim, as per where a factory hole would go.

As for putting holes in the tyres themselves, as you are allowed to modify your tyres, in the provided area naturally, you can put external holes in the rubber if you wish (as explained by Scott) just remeber you are limited to a total of three sets of tyres across the weekend, so dont stuff it up (y)

I hope that answers your question
Last edited by maz_bop on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M Branz Ltd
www.mbranz.co.nz

viper1

Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:52 pm

maz_bop wrote:Hi Mike,
Most,, not all rims generally have a single factory hole in them of 2-3 mm , some have 2, and some have none.
For purposes of checking your pre glued tyres, if you choose to glue them before the meeting, is for the Tech Centre to Verify that you have the correct insets, by using the hole in the rim to check the insert.

If your brand of rim does not have a hole in it then you are allowed to drill a single 2mm hole on the flat area of the inner rim, as per where a factory hole would go.

As for putting holes in the tyres themselves, as you are allowed to modify your tyres, in the provided area naturally, you can put external holes in the rubber if you wish (as explained by Scott) just remeber you are limited to a total of three sets of tyres across the weekend, so do stuff it up (y)

Darryl I will not to stuff it up.

Cheers for the advice and help to everyone that has committed.
Mike Peck
TLR 22Sct 3.0 : 22T 2.0L - LC Truggy - Chroma ST10+
Bluerock Racing

maz_bop

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:07 pm

Ohh oops typo that should havr read dont stuff it up

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
M Branz Ltd
www.mbranz.co.nz

xlr8gtst

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 pm

maz_bop wrote:Hi Mike,

As for putting holes in the tyres themselves, as you are allowed to modify your tyres, in the provided area naturally, you can put external holes in the rubber if you wish (as explained by Scott) just remeber you are limited to a total of three sets of tyres across the weekend, so do stuff it up (y)

Heya Darryl, sorry dude - Just to clarify. Do tires have to be modified at the event, or can we prep them in advance? Im Guessing as long as you can tell what compound and insert they are we can glue and trim pins before we arrive?

maz_bop

Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi Guys & Ladies a quick clarification regarding tyres for the event.
1- You can Pre Mount and glue your tyres prior to this event, but you cannot modify them.
2- Once the Tyres have gone through Tech on the Friday, then you will be allowed to modify them.
3- Last year’s tyres may be presented to use as part of your 3 sets over the weekend, this does not included 4WD Buggy fronts these must be new on tech inspection.
4- If presenting last year’s tyres they must have last year’s tech labels still intact to pass scrutineering, these cannot show any signs of modification at tech, only normal wear from racing use.
5- If gluing at the event this will be done prior to your car passing technical inspection. ( Competitors must supply their own glue )

For Modification of tyres you can do the following.
1- Trim spikes off with scissors, nail clippers or dremel / sand paper. Spikes can only be trimmed to the level of the tyre carcass
2- Punch air holes into the tyres to stop ballooning. A leather punch is recommended to do this. Maximum of 2 holes is allowed.

The NZIOC will provide an area for trimming and gluing of tyres, please use this area, so it makes our clean up a little easier.
Another suggestion is if you are pre gluing tyres before the event bring your tyre and insert header cards from the original packaging with you.
If this is your first event where you have had to trim tyres, there will be plenty of help on hand to give you advice.

The NZIOC have chosen the tyres with careful consideration and testing before announcing our tyres for this year’s events, we have chosen these tyres for their wear rates, availability and pricing.

5 Weeks to go!
#nzioc
M Branz Ltd
www.mbranz.co.nz

maz_bop

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Transponder Numbers

There are several entries where they have no transponder number or transponder numbers that look to have a number or two missing from them,
Please check the attached list, and if you need to correct them, please PM myself or Martin Irawan (F1nut) your correction by 5pm Wednesday Night.

Also, Close off for entries and payments are due on Thursday Night, Please make sure your payment has been made.

(y)
Attachments
Transponder Numbers.pdf
(42.18 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
M Branz Ltd
www.mbranz.co.nz

Nitro

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:55 pm

F1Nut wrote:Wow!!

The Speed of entries from Midnight Saturday was amazing!!

I know who the first three are hehe and we will be doing something for them!!

Now due to the way we have set up the entries if you have used the same email address as another entrant, fathers or friends for example it wont send you the correct amount to pay. This has only happened to a handful of entries and i have already emailed all of those affected.

As for those on the reserve list, I'm sure you have figured out what to pay for now and will be eagerly watching to see if spots open up.

A Massive thanks to those who have already paid, I will be passing that info on and getting the website updated as quickly as possible.

lastly we will be making NZIOC merchandise available to buy, The club will be not making any money out of the merchandise, its just something that you may want as a nice souvenir, I will put up what you can order once I have that all arranged. I can say that you will be able to add your name to a T-shirt or Hoodie if you wish. :mrgreen:

Hope all your preparations are going well, look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers,

Marty
Hi Marty, i've just gone online and paid for my two classes 2wd sct and 4wd sct total $90.00 from our BNZ account
Many thanks
Matt and Denese Fryer
Still can't drive for SHIT

maz_bop

Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Last Chance..

Hi Racers
Last Chance for Transponder numbers and payments to be made,
Remember Entries close 12 midnight tonight.

So please double check the transponder numbers, to ensure they are correct, as a racer it is your responsibility to have the correct transponder numbers,
M Branz Ltd
www.mbranz.co.nz

maz_bop

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:51 pm

Update #14
Just under two weeks to go, please make sure you have the following
- Power Leads
- Power Boxes
- Table and Chairs
- Warm Clothing
- Lipo Bags (All Lipos must be charged in a Lipo Bag, NO EXCEPTION )
- Money for the Raffle
- Sense of Humour
M Branz Ltd
www.mbranz.co.nz

Nitro

Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:11 pm

Almost time.......BIG THANKS to Aaron ASA Allen for paint and set up. (y) (y)
Attachments
13620072_10208745866758347_2291235758053889003_n.jpg
13620072_10208745866758347_2291235758053889003_n.jpg (76.42 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
13620062_10208745866558342_6145544207350318410_n.jpg
13620062_10208745866558342_6145544207350318410_n.jpg (82.6 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
Still can't drive for SHIT

Matt Whitmarsh

Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:07 pm

Lookin' cool Matt.
Intech ER-12
Intech ER-14
Losi 8ight 3.0 Tekno V4
Ofna TS4 Pro

Rally Stylz

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Do we have a schedule anywhere yet? Trying to plan when I need to be on the road Friday morning but can't find anything.

Cheers
TLR|ORCA|Hitec|Savox|Gens Ace|Dynamite
If you don't crash then you're not trying hard enough

Matt Whitmarsh

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:34 pm

Practice starts 11am, qualifying starts 5pm.
Intech ER-12
Intech ER-14
Losi 8ight 3.0 Tekno V4
Ofna TS4 Pro

Rally Stylz

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:11 pm

Cheers
TLR|ORCA|Hitec|Savox|Gens Ace|Dynamite
If you don't crash then you're not trying hard enough

neilgo0

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:12 pm

What time can we get in on Friday, have to collect some from the airport and would like to make space in the car before collecting them.

Thanks

• Information