2015 NZRCA Electric Onroad Nationals

Discussion of major RC events here
i.e. Nationals, North Islands, Drivers Series etc
User avatar
Banks
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:04 pm
Location: Wellington

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:50 am

Yes you are correct Matt - Poor old Ed and Glen Nelson had to do it manually.
That is why prize giving was delayed. It was a bit frustrating but we got there in the end.
Matt Banks

User avatar
ed
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:52 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:57 am

Matt Whitmarsh wrote:Ahh, that explains the delay in prize-giving - somebody (poor old Ed I suppose) had to do it all manually.

To be honest, I printed the results and asked Bumpy to check them with me, as they didn't look right.

so we printed them race by race and did it all manually

and yeah, that was the delay, as we checked the results three times to make sure they were correct.

somedays I love alycat, most days I wish there was something better that did everything cmr needs

ed

User avatar
Banks
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:04 pm
Location: Wellington

Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:01 am

CMR is just glad that we had two experienced people on board with Ed and Glen to fix or fight the computer.

Thanks Guys
Matt Banks

User avatar
Matt Whitmarsh
Posts: 3400
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 10:28 am
Location: Te Awamutu

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:16 pm

ed wrote:
Matt Whitmarsh wrote:Ahh, that explains the delay in prize-giving - somebody (poor old Ed I suppose) had to do it all manually.

To be honest, I printed the results and asked Bumpy to check them with me, as they didn't look right.

so we printed them race by race and did it all manually

and yeah, that was the delay, as we checked the results three times to make sure they were correct.

somedays I love alycat, most days I wish there was something better that did everything cmr needs

ed
Been there and done that - it's a horrible task as you're always second guessing yourself and because you're in a rush you always think there must be a mistake somewhere that you just haven't found yet. Sorry we had to leave before the prize giving was finished, which is always a bit rude, but as it was we got home at 2am (Shane at 3am).
Intech ER-12
Intech ER-14
Losi 8ight 3.0 Tekno V4
Ofna TS4 Pro

User avatar
ed
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:52 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:34 pm

Matt Whitmarsh wrote:Been there and done that - it's a horrible task as you're always second guessing yourself and because you're in a rush you always think there must be a mistake somewhere that you just haven't found yet. Sorry we had to leave before the prize giving was finished, which is always a bit rude, but as it was we got home at 2am (Shane at 3am).
Thats about the time Dave and I got back from the North Islands a few years ago! so no need to apologise on that one

we had planned to be done by 5:30, shame the weather didn't agree with us

but at least it didn't get rained out (for a change) ;)

Alycat 9.4 has been released, but im loathed to spend another 200 bucks US on it, I have been playing ALOT with livetimeRC and think its a much better program, as is RCM or RC scoring PRO, but we need to have the Ride scoreboard function in order for our counters and position pole to work

ed

User avatar
pete139
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Wellington

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:44 pm

ed wrote: Alycat 9.4 has been released, but im loathed to spend another 200 bucks US on it, I have been playing ALOT with livetimeRC and think its a much better program, as is RCM or RC scoring PRO, but we need to have the Ride scoreboard function in order for our counters and position pole to work
ed
Something to chat about on Wednesday night....
Fullmetal Graphix - www.fullmetalgraphix.com

Craig Pullar
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:26 pm

Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Have finialy got the brain power to write this after avery long week and a bit back at work. First of all I have to say thanks to everyone from cmr who had a hand in organizing ,running,food etc for this event. Everyone did a great job, I'll be back in a heart beat to race another event in wellington.
I'd like to thank BEDTIME STOREY (thats colin) for the ride down and the help over the weekend.
I Havn't done alot of racing lately so it was good to catch up with everyone old and new faces alike.
As this hasn't happened alot lately I'd just like to say I BEAT COLIN IN PRO12 :D :D :D :D :D :D even though he took me out in a mid air attack from another part of the track in one race.
All together a relaxing few days away from the cows, cant wait until the next event so I can beat bedtime again..........

Craig.....
Beat Colin in F1 & Mod At 2013 Mitre 10 Cup
Beat Bedtime in PRO12 at the Nats

User avatar
fatbear
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:58 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Contact:

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:33 pm

ed wrote:
Matt Whitmarsh wrote:Been there and done that - it's a horrible task as you're always second guessing yourself and because you're in a rush you always think there must be a mistake somewhere that you just haven't found yet. Sorry we had to leave before the prize giving was finished, which is always a bit rude, but as it was we got home at 2am (Shane at 3am).
Thats about the time Dave and I got back from the North Islands a few years ago! so no need to apologise on that one

we had planned to be done by 5:30, shame the weather didn't agree with us

but at least it didn't get rained out (for a change) ;)

Alycat 9.4 has been released, but im loathed to spend another 200 bucks US on it, I have been playing ALOT with livetimeRC and think its a much better program, as is RCM or RC scoring PRO, but we need to have the Ride scoreboard function in order for our counters and position pole to work

ed
Ed, we use LiveTime here at my club in Western Australia and most love it. Certainly overall better that Alycat.
And best of all there are constant updates and it is easy to contact the owners if need be.
In saying that though there are still a few things that Alycat does better... for now.

User avatar
ed
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:52 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:01 am

fatbear wrote:
Ed, we use LiveTime here at my club in Western Australia and most love it. Certainly overall better that Alycat.
And best of all there are constant updates and it is easy to contact the owners if need be.
In saying that though there are still a few things that Alycat does better... for now.
heya dude!

yeah, ive found a few issues with it, and have reported them back to them, and they get fixed pretty quick, there is a lot of "opps, that should be there" moments.

but all things considered, the program isn't event 6 months old (to the public anyways) and its doing stuff most other company's took 6 years or longer to do.

ed

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests