November Offroad Sunday 5th .

H.B.R.C Hawke’s Bay Radio Control Car Club
Sonny

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:47 pm

Well Guys,

With the Great turn out and great weather we just had with the onroad this passed weekend, let repat it this coming weekend, with OFFROAD racing,
I know there is a fair few chomping at the bit to get back out in to the loose stuff, so get your entries in as per the link below and lets have another cracker day...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gates open at 8ish, racing from 9/10am, Wellington guys dependent.

http://www.alycat.com/oed?MeetingMask=HBRC

cheers

gasman

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:43 am

Hey guys, i'm not racing this Sunday, but if you have any 'puffy' lipos, drop them off to Gasworkz, as the Hazardous waste collection is next weekend.

Damagenz

Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:31 pm

Thanks for another awesome days racing guys!

We all had a blast! Jason didn't break anything for a change too which was a bonus :lol:

Cheers for the hospitality and laughs guys.

Until next time.... 8)
Yokomo YZ-2 DT - 2wd Mod
Infinity IF14 - 13.5t Blinky

CMR Club President

Pedro51

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:15 am

Thanks for the racing, the more I meetings I come to the more enjoyable it becomes.

On a side note, Re: phones on the drivers stand - I make no claim to understanding electronic stuff but could having 2.4ghz wi-fi enabled on the phone mess with our systems?

Zarathrustra

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:13 pm

Pretty happy I was able to race, especially after missing onroad the weekend before :( Cheers everyone for the great day!!

Pedro51 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:15 am
Thanks for the racing, the more I meetings I come to the more enjoyable it becomes.

On a side note, Re: phones on the drivers stand - I make no claim to understanding electronic stuff but could having 2.4ghz wi-fi enabled on the phone mess with our systems?
Maybe having a wifi hotspot setup and running, broadcasting an SSID, maybe. But it's super unlikely. Even more so with normal cell band stuff.

I had a look at overseas opinion a few weeks back when people were questioning it, and as far as I could tell no one has any real issue anywhere as far as interference is concerned, and people were referencing lots of pics of big international events with dozens of people standing directly under the drivers stands, with cell phones out taking videos. Pretty sure it's not a real issue in that sense.

Having the guy beside you on the stand with a loud ringing phone in his pocket would certainly count as interference though! and I think that alone is enough reason to ban 'em on the stand.

Sonny

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:46 pm

HI Guys,

Results for yesterday's great day of racing,

Please note, for some reason, the order on the attached PDF is all mixed up, so take note of what race you are looking at( top right hand side)
Attachments
race results Nov offroad 17.pdf
(154.29 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

ed

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:58 am

thanks for having us noisy lot from Wellington.

its been almost a week and I'm still buzzing, I think its been almost 3 years since I last drove a off road 2wd in a race, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it!

think I better finish my b6 and retire the one run b5m :roll:

oh, and actually get some tires (thanks Steve O for the loan of the set).

ed

Pedro51

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:53 pm

Yeah I find I really enjoy off road every time I drag my sorry ass out of bed.

And I’ve been looking to see if it is time to replace my B4.

• Information