INDOORS this Sat 25th

North Harbour Radio Control Car Club
Bishy

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:15 pm

As there is some kind of game going on at Eden Park involving an oblong ball and our mates from across the ditch it will pay to get there early to avoid a long walk!
ORCA, Savox, Bullitt, TLR, AKA

crabby

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:21 pm

im there... may camp out from early and play tiddly winks in the carpark :mrgreen:
Long live the noob tent!

old school

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:24 am

crabby wrote:im there... may camp out from early and play tiddly winks in the carpark :mrgreen:

Ohhhh, may come after all, sounds action packed!!!

Oh, and Tim, ma ac adapter clapped out (just tried to charge ma bats) will charge em in the van, hope ur going, can I use ur charger to do Alisters bat. I will use ma F1 bat, should do the whole night. Just when I thought I was done spending money.
(bring ya truch too so I can have a looksy :)
Opie contractors

crabby

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:20 am

mint night, cheers guys.

good times with the tc6 in 21.5 ! which i have to say is 57 times easier to drive than the pro10 :mrgreen: looking forward to its tarmac debut!
Long live the noob tent!

Bishy

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:35 am

F1 was certainly drama filled, my nats motor finally threw a leg out of bed in race 1, cue frantic water dipping and soldering a replacement which of course didn't have the pace of it's predecessor... Fortunately my arch rival only got 1 race from me, after his hopes were crushed (literally!) in race 3 by a friendly Marshall :roll:
Tom and Martin were driving out of their skins, great battles everywhere.
My Pro12 was hooked up, managed to knock out some wicked fast laps but it wasn't enough to beat Matt VDH's consistency. Mike may be looking for some Lipos for his too after being robbed late in two races by the MaH fairy :lol:
Great night and my mechanic seems no worse for wear this morning.
ORCA, Savox, Bullitt, TLR, AKA

cain.c

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:07 am

I also had a great night, my pro10 felt really good, and had some great battles with luey. You were missed in pro10 Bishy, I think the races would have been epic with you there. I feel like I'm really starting to get the hang of the pro10 now, no more excuses :P
My pro12 on the other hand still needs some serious work, but I'll get there eventually.
AHP Racing Team - Ride, Viper, Gravity RC

cain.c

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:12 am

Hang in there with pro10 crabby, it takes a bit get used to the rear wheel drive. You'll get there! Once it starts to become second nature, they're awesome fun to drive!
AHP Racing Team - Ride, Viper, Gravity RC

Matt van der Haas
RCRACER

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:51 am

I had a pretty frantic day yesterday. Opting to go back to the normal 12r5.1 chassis (so I can be competitive outdoors aswell), I rushed my wiring job to get it done on time, which had my 12th tweaked all night :(

I also went from a 4.5 turn last indoors to a 7.5 this time. After running no timing advance in the first round, to setting it to 7 in the third race it completely changed the characteristics of the motor. So I'm hoping I can get a smoother motor in the end with the same amount of rpm / torque as my 4.5t (with no timing advance).

Lovin the hobbywing 1s speed controller (y)

Bishy you were putting in some great lap times 8)

The Pro10s looked so fun to drive! Might have to race pro12 / pro10 indoors in the future :D

Mikes 12th looked hooked up, and i'm not surprised, the 12X is still a very competitive car. (y)

old school

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:54 am

Wicked night, track had heaps of flow and real fun to drive. Great to see Bishy had pit crew too, a little apprentice learning the ropes. I think 1 year with Bishy as a pit boss and we gona have to watch that little bugger closely. (please not mini, Im just gettin used to it). I think that last night in mini was the most fun Ive had, racing was so close at the front without Stu n Chris in my heats. Bring on the next one asap. (y) (y) (y)
Opie contractors

Chris S

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:01 am

Well I had a great night apart from race 3 of F.1 a bit upsetting but soon grew a set a hardened up enjoyed the pace the car brought over my rival :twisted:
Stephens Racing Team
Opie Contractors
Team Schumacher NZ

Mike van der Haas
RCRACER

Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:27 am

12th was heaps of fun,
Your car was pretty quick Bishy. And fun to race against you and Matt as always.
I swapped out the sport tuned 27turn motor for a brushless 3.0 Team Orion.
Don't worry the throttle was turned down to make run time (sort of almost).
Thanks to the guy that marshalled my car from being quantum entangled with the drivers stand. It looked like it went a far distance in there, not sure how.

Matt van der Haas
RCRACER

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:32 pm

haha 3 turn motor, you're so crazy mike, I'm surprised your car was on the ground for so long (apart from making your car disappearing into the stand) :lol:

crabby

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:33 pm

cain.c wrote:Hang in there with pro10 crabby, it takes a bit get used to the rear wheel drive. You'll get there! Once it starts to become second nature, they're awesome fun to drive!
Will do! :mrgreen: definitely is a lot of fun to drive, specially once its at full song. It did feel a lot more planted than last time,possibly because I was going a bit faster and getting some downforce!
Long live the noob tent!

Sam Cooney

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Sounds like it was a good night. Points are up

Chris S

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Was the points added for the glitchy AMB dodgy lap counting ?? A few people got dodgy lap times and lap counts might want to check it again :? Hopefully someone could second me on this one (y)
Stephens Racing Team
Opie Contractors
Team Schumacher NZ

• Information